List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Embedding KPresenter?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-04-22 15:31:10

On Thursday 22 April 2004 08:18, David Vestal wrote:
> I am working on developing a program that I might like to basically embed
> KPresenter, and I was wondering if this is possible. What I would REALLY
> like to do is not have the embedded part show anything, just more of a
> rendering engine. Can I use it to produce HTML for each individual frame of
> a presentation as I need it?
>
> If this is or seems possible, which door should I stick my foot in to get
> going on this. If it isn't possible I will research other options for now
> and I would be interested in helping make it possible.

At first view, I think that it could be done like KWord's HTML import filter
(koffice/filters/kword/html/import) which uses the KHTML view hidden. (So you
would handle KPresenter as KHTML is handle there.)

As for the generating part, I would look in KPresenter's code, like in
koffice/kpresenter/webpresentation.* where HTMl is generated. (Perhaps you
should also look what was added for IndeView. It was also discussed in the
archive of this mailing list: http://lists.kde.org .)

That is my guess, however perhaps a real KPresenter developer can give better
or more hints.

Have a nice day!