List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kspread : digest.h and digest.cc - possible licence issue
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-04-21 19:52:46

Hello David

--- David Faure <faure@kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 April 2004 21:11, Marc Heyvaert
> wrote:
> > What do you all think?
> That this is a topic for kde-licensing.

Jee! What a wealth of mailing lists we have :)

Good idea I will post it there and see what reactions
I get.

> > IMO KOffice not being a software library, [....]
> Actually all of KOffice's source code is in
> "modules", which on many systems are
> implemented with shared libraries.
>
> Compare the size of your kword executable with the
> size of your libkwordpart.so ....

Nevertheless, it would be better IMO when the
license's wording would leave no room for
interpretation. What, e.g. if I want to take a bit of
code (say the algorithm of a function) and use it in a
stand-alone program. No need to reply. It was just a
rethorical question and 'off-topic'

Regards

Marc