List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: copyright messages
From:       Harri Porten <porten () froglogic ! com>
Date:       2004-03-31 19:36:41

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Marc Heyvaert wrote:

> What if all the code that someone contributed one day
> has since been removed...
>
> What if only the comment remains, or some blank lines,
> or just the lines with /* and */?

That doesn't void the original author's copyright. If you take a work and
incrementally change it until everything has changed and no traces of the
original work are left it's still based on it and copyright applies.

> What about some changes that were made to make the
> code compile, e.g. adding an include to the .cc
> file?
[...]

That's surely a different matter and I will refrain from commenting on
where to draw the line.

Harri.