List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: copyright messages
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-03-31 19:28:10

Hello,

We have to be careful that doesn't become a
metaphysical discussion :-)

What if all the code that someone contributed one day
has since been removed...

What if only the comment remains, or some blank lines,
or just the lines with /* and */?

What about some changes that were made to make the
code compile, e.g. adding an include to the .cc
file?

What about spelling mistakes that where corrected by
deleting a word?

I know I'm pushing it a bit, but my point is that it
is not always possible to recreate exactly who
contributed what. So the option to only include the
*real* developers, i.e. those that contributed what is
still recognisable as *code* is the most reasonable
option IMO. The easiest option is to include everyone.

Marc