List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: OASIS file format for Krita
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2004-03-24 6:30:45

Clarence Dang wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:05 pm, dirk.schoenberger@sz-online.de wrote:
>
>>>It still appears to me that if Krita is going to develop into an Artist's
>>>application that Kcolorpaint
>
> First of all: that is the worse spelling of "KolourPaint" I have ever seen and
> it started spreading so I had to join in on this thread :)

OOOOOOOPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSS. My bad! :-|  Needless to say: I picked this up
somewhere, but I will try to use the correct spelling in the future.

>>is probably going to replace it in KOffice,
>
> (...)
>
>>For KColorPaint into KOffice
>
> I don't think it'll happen.  KolourPaint is supposed to be a standalone paint
> program for simple, everyday tasks:

That is what is needed in KOffice a paint application to make simple
graphics for DTP and presentations. Dirk is probably correct that Karbon14
will also get too large for the office suite.  What the office suite needs
is a simpler application that can do both SVG and PNG graphics.

>>I would like to see an image editor which can handle QImages instead of
>>QPixmaps (or to put it another way, which supports true alpha channel
>>instead of just masks)
>
> Hence Krita :) which is even tile-based and has layers and colour models.
>
> I'd like to see a really powerful paint app for KDE and once it's more mature,
> Krita will be a good solution for sophisticated image tasks.

I agree that Krita is developing into a great app.  But it is more than is
needed in an office suite.

--
JRT