List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: OASIS file format for Krita
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2004-03-22 11:21:22

On Monday 22 March 2004 12:10, David Faure wrote:

> No, no. If it uses the KOffice framework, it's a KOffice application.
> Krita definitely belongs to KOffice.

Next time this discussion crops up, I'll quote you :-).

> > > * If someone codes up a patch for Krita and Karbon to share code
> > > whereever practicable, to unify the render interfaces
> > > (KisRenderInterface) so both apps can share layers, then, if it looks
> > > like it works, I'll be happy to see that done and commited.
>
> Good.

It's a pity that I don't think anybody who's currently working on Krita has
even remotely the time and inclination to do that  -- we're all too busy
adding missing features, repairing things that got broken two years ago and
reworking the 1998-vintage UI to something a little more up-to-date. And,
while I don't know who's working on Karbon at the moment, I wouldn't have
time to coordinate something sweeping like that even if I knew who to
approach, even if s/he had time...

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi