List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: OASIS file format for Krita
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-03-22 11:10:41

On Monday 22 March 2004 11:57, dirk.schoenberger@sz-online.de wrote:
> What I see currently is a collection of standalone applications which
> basically share the same storage API and a shared import/export filter
> architecture (did I miss something important?)
Yes, embedding.
And a shared window/document/view framework. And many dialogs, and support
for units, etc. etc. I think we have quite a high level of integration already, so
I don't agree with you. But of course we can always share more functionality
(like I did with libkotext).

> > * If there's consensus among the other KOffice developers that Krita has
> > no business being in a future KOffice release, I'll be happy to move to
> > kdegraphics. It'll still be a KOffice app, because we use KOffice libs.
No, no. If it uses the KOffice framework, it's a KOffice application.
Krita definitely belongs to KOffice.

> Perhaps more of KOffice base libs can be put into the core libs? So that
> standalone applications can be built usind KOffice technology, without
> actually be KOffice components?
I don't see what sense that makes. If you use KOffice technology, you're
building a koffice component.

> > * If someone codes up a patch for Krita and Karbon to share code whereever
> > practicable, to unify the render interfaces (KisRenderInterface) so both
> > apps can share layers, then, if it looks like it works, I'll be happy to
> > see that done and commited.
Good.