List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: developers documentation
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2004-02-27 12:19:03

Thanks for all your feedback, I integrated the suggestions from Nicolas and
Thomas, all of them.

Concerning the format of the document...
> Hmm, I found some language issues making me thing you should consider
> making this a text file or something else that we can control via CVS.

What do you think about docbook format? So it could be integrated into the KDE
documentation, if it is desired that is. Is plain-text better? Should I keep
it in the OOo format? Probably it should be something that can be transformed
to HTML for the web page... (apart from the fact that it's not yet ready for
any publication)

Regards,
Raphael

PS: since it's only 5k I attached the revised document

On Thursday 26 February 2004 12:30, Thomas Zander wrote:

> Sorry, opens fine in OOo.
> A spellcheck would be nice as well :)
> s/allready/already/g
>
> I would suggest to not direct a user to the C++ programming at all; just
> state that this document will not explain it to him. (i.e. say its out of
> scope).
>
> Hmm, I found some language issues making me thing you should consider
> making this a text file or something else that we can control via CVS..
>
> I think this is a nice reference to add to the 'how to send patches':
>
> On Thursday 26 February 2004 11:41, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Could you post an PDF, I'm not following HEAD.
> >
> > On Wednesday 25 February 2004 21:14, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > here is a first draft of the KOffice "cookbook", just let me know what
> > > you think about it. It's the result of the last two hours.
> > >
> > > The next chapters will be:
> > >
> > > * KOffice in general
> > >
> > > * KSpread, KWord, Krita,.............
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Raphael
> > >
> > > PS: it's written in KWord (HEAD) using the OOo filters, should load
> > > fine.

["KOffice Development Guide.sxw" (application/vnd.sun.xml.writer)]