List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Faster saving (Re: Global save method option)
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-15 22:57:34

On Sunday 15 February 2004 16:56, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> It has taken (rounded values):
> QCString: 19s
> QTextStream: 55s
> KBufferedIODevice( 8KB ): 41s
> KBufferedIODevice( 64KB ): 35s
> KBufferedIODevice( 128KB ): 34s
>
> So something is still worng.

valgrind-calltree/KCachegrind explains it. It's the unicode->utf8 conversion
that takes too much time with the QTextStream solutions, because the codec is
triggered for every character - whereas with the QCString solution it's only
triggered once, for the whole of the data.

I also agree with waiting for Qt 4, we'll optimize then, depending on how it
does it.