List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with old KWord's <LINESPACE>
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-02-06 9:37:29

On Friday 06 February 2004 08:46, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2004 23:54, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > While developing the KWord 1.3 filter, I have got a problem with the tag
> > <LINESPACE> (old syntax), as I cannot guess its exact meaning.
>
> Maybe too much; but here is the description of the concept;
> http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/typespacing/a/leading.htm

Thank you for the URL, but I do not need a general description, I would simply
need the description of what <LINESPACE> was supposed to do.

> Also interresting reading is the koffice/kword/dtd/kword.dtd
> line 935 and down.

Lines 853 to 858 are for <LINESPACING> the newer tag, not <LINESPACE> the old
one.

> > Unfortunately, the chapters.kwd demo file is the only one that I know
> > having this tag, but as it has 0 as parameters it is nearly useless.
> >
> > So I looked in KoText but I have not gone farer either.
> >
> > The tag is processed at lines 222 to 227 in the file koffice/lib/kotext/
> > koparaglayout.cc
>
> Hmm, thats for old format kword (very old) so I think you should look down
> a couple more lines.

Yes, that is old KWord. But as we are switching the file format, we need to
support as good as possible all KWord files, including old ones.

> All the way to 288

That is again for <LINESPACING>

> > Only layout.lineSpacing is set (line 226), but the type
> > is not set. As the default type would be "single", I doubt that it is
> > right, as then no parameter would be needed.
> >
> > So it would be nice if somebody would have more data.
>

> Hope this helps.

No, sorry!

Have a nice day!