List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with old KWord's <LINESPACE>
From:       Thomas Zander <TZander () FactotumMedia ! nl>
Date:       2004-02-06 7:46:43

On Thursday 05 February 2004 23:54, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> While developing the KWord 1.3 filter, I have got a problem with the tag
> <LINESPACE> (old syntax), as I cannot guess its exact meaning.

Maybe too much; but here is the description of the concept;
http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/typespacing/a/leading.htm

Also interresting reading is the koffice/kword/dtd/kword.dtd
line 935 and down.

> Unfortunately, the chapters.kwd demo file is the only one that I know
> having this tag, but as it has 0 as parameters it is nearly useless.
>
> So I looked in KoText but I have not gone farer either.
>
> The tag is processed at lines 222 to 227 in the file koffice/lib/kotext/
> koparaglayout.cc
Hmm, thats for old format kword (very old) so I think you should look down a
couple more lines.
All the way to 288

> Only layout.lineSpacing is set (line 226), but the type
> is not set. As the default type would be "single", I doubt that it is
> right, as then no parameter would be needed.
>
> So it would be nice if somebody would have more data.

Hope this helps.

--
Thomas Zander