List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    LaTeX import in KFormula
From:       Daniel Carrera <dcarrera () math ! umd ! edu>
Date:       2004-01-21 2:35:30

Greetings,

I just subscribed to this list.  I just read on the KOffice website that
LaTeX import is planned ofr KFormula.

I'm curious, who do you plan to deal with the fact that LaTeX files
contain a lot more than formulae?  For instance, how would such a filter
deal with this document:

\documentclass{article}
\title{My First LaTeX file}
\begin{document}
    Let $f$ be the function defined by $f(x) = 3x + 7$, and
    let $g$ be defined by $g(x) = x^2$.
\end{document}

>From the filter's point of view, this file contains 4 formulae and some
blocks of text.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely