List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord to OOWriter filter (also call for developers)
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2004-01-14 20:07:32

I'm with you here as time allows :)

But I must admit that I didn't expect this to happen that soon and I'm
currently (next two months or sth.) VERY much occupied with other stuff. This
being said I still want to assist where possible. Probably if you have some
"stupid" stuff to do as Nicolas pointed out: cleaning up,... these are things
I can (with guessed 2 hours a week of time) do already now.

To start with I suggest someone who knows the area (David, Nicolas, ... ?)
should write a short (around 2 or 3 pages) summary (concerning this file
format move) of what we have, what should change and what the goal is, so
that it is as easy (and fast) as possible for new developers to start
working. I think you know what I mean. This would also help me a lot since I
have not worked a lot with KOffice so far (neither source code nor used it
productively but plan to do so when the file format change is over because
then compatibility with OOo is (almost) no concern).

greetings,
Raphael

PS: because of lack of time I'm also not reading all messages on the list ...
they should have a "naming" subject - otherwice cc me.

PPS: yes, I have experience with QT programming ... but not with KDE (but
shouldn't be a problem, since filters does not have much to with KDE
"integration")