List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice.org: stable filter status
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-10 15:22:06

On Saturday 10 January 2004 15:24, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > Currently, the stable filter status for koffice.org is at
> > www/areas/koffice/filters/1.2
> >
> > A few people had found that is it is wrong to show 1.2 in the URL if it is
> > KOffice 1.3's status. Thomas had proposed to put a symlink on the server.
> >
> > So now that KOffice 1.3 should be quite ready (except translations), it is
the
> > time to do this.
>
> Speaking of, has anyone had any luck with MS import/export with koffice
> 1.3 on linuxppc?  The Word and Excel filters don't work on MacOSX, and I
> was hoping someone on a similar platform could confirm or deny problems;
> that would at least narrow it down to possible endian issues...

I'd be interested to hear about problems with the Word filter of 1.3. Are you
using wv2-0.2.1? Which version of KOffice are you using? Do you get any
output? If not, could you please recompile wv2 and KOffice with
--enable-debug and test again?

I tested wv2 on some big endian machines in the Sourceforge compile farm (iirc
only a Sparc, as I had build problems on the Mac), and from the command line
it looked fine.

Thanks in advance,
Werner