List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Embedded Kougar?
From:       Alexander Dymo <cloudtemple () mksat ! net>
Date:       2004-01-02 21:56:36

On Friday 02 January 2004 22:24, Cory M Hicks wrote:
> If I was to design an application and embed Kougar in the application as
> a KPart would the application have to be GPLed? Is there even a way to
> embed Kougar into a commercial application or would I have to use Kougar
> as a separate application?

Kexi developers will corrent me if I am wrong. LGPL-ed project Kexi is already
embedding kugar. The original author gave the permission to do so. You
just have to put the copyright notice somewhere in your program about
embedded gpl-ed kugar.
This works for lgpl-ed projects but I don't know if there is any difference
if your project is commertial.

PS: only kugar viewer part is gpl-ed, kugar designer is under lgpl.

--
Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University, IT Department