List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KOffice: The only thing worse than failure is the fear of trying
From:       stefan_carl <stefan_carl () mail15 ! com>
Date:       2004-01-02 2:30:21

To All KOffice Developers,

	We, the undersigned, believe that KOffice has failed to provide a
compelling desktop office suite for KDE users. Furthermore, we believe that
this can be attributed to Lukas Tinkl's inability to lead the KOffice
development team. The collapse of the KOffice 1.3 release schedule and
KDE-Debian's refusal of KOffice has clearly demonstrated the need for a new
beginning.

	We believe that the failure of KOffice can be attributed to Lukas
Tinkl's lack of interpersonal skills and indecisiveness. We wish to bring
forth the plight of the Czech translator, where Lukas Tinkl failed to
recognise his talents and contributions to KDE.

	Therefore, we ask Lukas Tinkl to show reason, within 48 hours, why
he should not be removed from his current capacity as maintainer/release
coordinator for KOffice.

	Should he fail to do so, we propose that David Faure be reinstated
as maintainer of KOffice in light of his leadership and organisational
talents, and his previous success in this position.

	We ask that KlavadalensdatkonsultAB to support David Faure in this
endeavour. We also ask all developers who believe that David Faure would be
a superior maintainer to Lukas Tinkl, to sign this petition. If, however,
should you decide that Lukas Tinkl is better suited to this position, then
please ignore this message and we apologise for your time.

Respectfully,
1. Stefan Carl
2. Azuya Hunt
3. Chief Nelson Udu