List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice: The only thing worse than failure is the fear of
From:       Lukáš_Tinkl <lukas () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-02 10:44:39

Dne pá 02. ledna 2004 03:29 stefan_carl napsal(a):
> To All KOffice Developers,
>
> 	We, the undersigned, believe that KOffice has failed to provide a
> compelling desktop office suite for KDE users. Furthermore, we believe that
> this can be attributed to Lukas Tinkl's inability to lead the KOffice
> development team. The collapse of the KOffice 1.3 release schedule and
> KDE-Debian's refusal of KOffice has clearly demonstrated the need for a new
> beginning.

Should I really comment on this crap from people I've never heard of before
and who did nothing for KDE? There's nothing like a collapse, we just lack
people and we were fixing bugs - hence the delays. But I'm sure you all know
that...

> 	We believe that the failure of KOffice can be attributed to Lukas
> Tinkl's lack of interpersonal skills and indecisiveness. We wish to bring

Who says KOffice failed?

> forth the plight of the Czech translator, where Lukas Tinkl failed to
> recognise his talents and contributions to KDE.

No idea what they're talking about... Oh, they probably mean the bright guy
whom I refused to give a CVS account. This "talented" translator was doing at
least 4 grammatical and syntactical errors in one sentence.

> 	Therefore, we ask Lukas Tinkl to show reason, within 48 hours, why
> he should not be removed from his current capacity as maintainer/release
> coordinator for KOffice.
> 	Should he fail to do so, we propose that David Faure be reinstated
> as maintainer of KOffice in light of his leadership and organisational
> talents, and his previous success in this position.
>
> 	We ask that KlavadalensdatkonsultAB to support David Faure in this
> endeavour. We also ask all developers who believe that David Faure would be
> a superior maintainer to Lukas Tinkl, to sign this petition. If, however,
> should you decide that Lukas Tinkl is better suited to this position, then
> please ignore this message and we apologise for your time.
>
> Respectfully,
> 1. Stefan Carl
> 2. Azuya Hunt
> 3. Chief Nelson Udu

Is there anything to add? I surely welcome the KDAB supporting David and if
anybody raises his/her hands (from the real koffice developers), I'll just
step back.

- --
Lukáš Tinkl | lukas@kde.org
KDE i18n maintainer | KOffice developer