List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kexi MIME types
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-12-29 7:59:10

On Monday 29 December 2003 08:41, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > On Monday 29 December 2003 07:05, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> >>Could someone please tell me what the correct MIME types for Kexi are?
> >>
> >>I have made the icons for the KOffice MIME types and find that there
> >> isn't a 'desktop' file:
> >>
> >>	application/x-kexi.desktop
> >
> > The official kdelibs mime type for Kexi is application/x-vnd.kde.kexi
> >
> > (All new KDE mime types should use vnd.kde but unfortunately people do
> > not care about it (see KWallet for example.))
> >
> > Have a nice day!
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> Should I redo the patch for the KOffice MIME types to conform to that? or
> should the old application's MIME types be left as they are?  Since I still
> have the files and trees, it wouldn't take very long.

No, we are in feature freeze.

Renaming mime types has consequences. Also do not forget that KDE 3.1 has no
isAlso property in .desktop files so that you cannot rename mime types. (That
is mainly why it is still apllication/x-kword instead of the IANA-registered
application/vnd.kword.)

That are parts of the things that will have to be discussed and done for
KOffice 1.4. As we will change file formats anyway, it is even easier to
change the mimetype.

> --
> JRT

Have a nice day!