List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    koshell crash
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2003-11-25 21:37:18

Hi!

... just seeing the release date for 2nd December ...

I noticed a crash when using KOffice Shell one or two weeks ago and wanted to
ask, if it's only my combination of QT/KDE/KOffice/Kernel or if it is really
related to KOffice alone (sorry for sending a mail and not submitting a bug
report, but since it crashes it has to be solved soon if it be before 2nd
Dec.):

environment:
Kernel 2.6.0-test4
QT 3.2.2 (for KOffice; I use 3.1.? for the rest of KDE)
KDE 3.1.3
KOffice 1.3 RC1 (built from source)

receipt for crash:
* execute "koshell"
* click on kspread part (just open an empty sheet)
* click on kword part (now only click "Quit" without choosing the type of
document)
* there you go

This crashes with some combinations and with some it doesn't. I had a quick
(10 minutes) look at the source code but I currently don't have the time (nor
yet the knowledge about KOffice) to find the bug. And maybe it's only because
of my weird setting for QT/KDE/.../Kernel.

A)
Can you reproduce the bug?

B)
Anyone knows what's the problem?

C)
Sorry for not sending a patch right away - but, as I said, 2nd December is not
far away and I'm just not familiar with the source code. And I don't even
know if the problem is in KOffice itself.

Hope this helps a bit, and you're really doing a great job with KOffice from
what I've seen so far!!!

Raphael