List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kexi still Linux-only
From:       Jarosław Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2003-10-20 12:18:12

Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> Kexi's build has been failing on FreeBSD for some time now. I can't really
> tell what it's doing, but
>
> In file included from
> /mnt/src/kde-HEAD//koffice/kexi/3rdparty/uuid/gen_uuid.c:47:
> /mnt/src/kde-HEAD/koffice/kexi/3rdparty/uuid/uuidP.h:37: syntax error
> before `__u32'

[ciach]

> Since kexi doesn't compile without the 3rdparty/uuid stuff (how is that
> 3rdparty then?), the whole app is best disabled on FreeBSD. Or better yet,
> all the specific-sized data members could use the Qt equivalents.

Hi Adriaan,

It is not our intention to have kexi out of *BSD :)

Look @ 3rdparty/uuid/uuidP.h

You can see there:
#ifdef _WIN32
//..
#define longlong __int64
#else
#define longlong long long
# include <linux/types.h>
#endif

..that I ve added some #ifdef for non-unix systems and this works. Please
add equivalents for typedefs and funxtions for BSD into apropriate #ifdef.
If you can not act as programmer, please find such a folk -- we are not
users of all possible OSes...

Anybody with *BSD here? Please help.

Above incompatibility is just because the stuff (3rdpart/uuid/) is realy 3rd
party (!) what means:
- it may be not Qt based (here - it shouldn't!)
- we dont want to chnge this too much, because of compatibility with never
versions of this stuff

Anyway, join us @ #kexi channel on irc.freenode.net

--
regards / pozdrawiam,