List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kexi still Linux-only
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-20 8:48:42

Hi

Am Son, den 19.10.2003 schrieb Adriaan de Groot um 23:33:
> Kexi's build has been failing on FreeBSD for some time now. I can't really
> tell what it's doing, but
>
> Since kexi doesn't compile without the 3rdparty/uuid stuff (how is that
> 3rdparty then?), the whole app is best disabled on FreeBSD. Or better yet,
> all the specific-sized data members could use the Qt equivalents.

Since I imported the code, I'll try to fix that next week end, or early
next week. I don't have time right now.
3rdparty here means, that the code is developed by some other project,
outside kde cvs (here e2fsprogs), and if possibly isn't modified to make
it easier to use newer versions of that code. Since it does work on
(Windows and) Linux, there are two possibilities for *BSD.
	1) I try to fix that
	2) Somebody can give me a hint, where to find a library (preferable
LGPL or BSD licensed), which works on *BSD and generats UUIDs (Universal
Unique IDentifiers), which I could use as a replacement on *BSD

I assume 1) will be the only way. ;)

I don't have a problem, if somebody writes a configure check for *BSD,
which disables kexi from building, till I have fixed the issue.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger