List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Koffice Build /  Qt-mt 3.2.1 /Freetype 2.2.3
From:       "Kermit  Tensmeyer" <klt_7940 () eml ! cc>
Date:       2003-10-06 17:28:16

While trying to resolve another issue, I tried to rebuild Koffice from a
source RPM (SuSe 8.1).
 When I found an error, I went to the build directory and looked at the
 config.log.
Although the script complained that qt-mt might not have been built as
threaded, it would appear that the config scripts failed, because on
points.
 I determined that the entry points would be in the FreeType libraries.
 My confusion comes because the QT lib complained about (FT_Seek_Stream,
 FT_Get_Short, FT_Get_Long and so forth)
 The FreeType libraries (rpm 2.1.3-38) containes entry points similar to
 the above but not quite the same, for example FT_Stream_Seek is
 provided, FT_Short, FT_Long. The API documents for FreeType do not list
 any of these functions.
  Every attempt to link Koffice items against libqt-mt.so.3.2.1 yeilds
  these undefined references on my machine.
 Which FreeType library version seems to satisfy these missing "undefined