List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [KWORD] little error in an i18n message
From:       Tim Colgate <tim () mettalogic ! uklinux ! net>
Date:       2003-10-06 0:06:11

At the risk of prolonging this somewhat off-topic discussion...

On Sunday 5 October 2003 7:01 pm, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 06:44:20PM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> > BTW anonymous "you" exists in English too, AFAIK.

Although anonymous you is more common, an alternative is to use "one", e.g.

This can happen sometimes. One gets hours of delay.

This is rather formal; rarely heard in speech these days (except by the
Queen), but it has the advantage of being unambiguous, unlike "you". It is
also more similar to the French "on" or German "man", as it is in the third
person.