List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Compile problems with Qt-3.2.1
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-09-24 18:07:39

Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> There are posts on kde-devel complaining about the gcc of Debian
> unstable. Is it your case too?
>
> (See the thread: " Kde uses most of my cpu after upgrade to 3.2" on
> kde-devel. Archives: http://lists.kde.org )

NO!  I do not have Debian, it is RPM based.  It started out as RedHat, but
now much of it is built from source.  Qt, KDE-3.1.4, GLibc, GCC, XFree86,
etc are all built from source.

I had no problems building KOffice HEAD till I upgraded Qt to 3.2.1.  The
memory leak was a problem with KDE-3.1.3, but according to the change log,
it has been fixed in 3.1.4 and it appears that this is true.

But, this has noting to do with the memory leak.

I Googled this error, and all I find is one reference:

http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2003-September/002103.html

which is for Scribus.  But it is the exact same problem.

--
JRT