List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kspread html export in rtl mode fix
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-09-20 0:42:48

The problem is that I do not know KSpread and I do not know what problem might
appear by your patches.

I am also not the KOffice release coordinator, who could write something like:
do it!

So the facts are:
- we have two patches for KSpread.
- no KSpread developer is currently active.
- we have KOffice RC1 on Monday.

So I think it is up to you.

Nobody has protested against your patches, so there are not any evident
problem.

You have to see how much these patches would make easier for right-to-left
writers to use KSpread. You might think about removing the comment of your
first patch to allow that right-to-left names also trigger the right-to-left
mode.

On the other side, you have to see what problems (might) exist. I suppose that
the left-to-right mode is not touched by your patches. So what problems do
you get for right-to-left? You have written about display problems. Are they
related to right-to-left? Are they really important? Or do you think that
working half way is better than not working at all?

What you cannot assume is that somebody else will fix the display problems.
With the current very low manpower in KOffice, I doub that they will be fixed
before release. (Of course, you would need people knowing the code for
fixing.)

So here we are. Try to answer the questions for yourself (or to the list) and
try to decide what is best.

I am sorry that I cannot help you much.

Have a nice day!

PS.: for the HTML patches, it was easier. I know HTML and I know what your
patch might do or not.