List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Question about RTF import filter
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-08-28 20:47:18

I am glad to have asked the question and I am glad that you have answered.
Because this discovers a bug.

I have looked closely at the RTF specifications. Not any keyword toggles, not
even \b, \ul and similar. For example \b switches on and \b0 switches off.

So you have for example:
  normal \ b bold \b still bold \b0 normal again

But that is not how the RTF import filter is programmed. So setToggleProperty
is wrong and all should be setFlagProperty.

That way we can remove all the 1 (like \b1) in the RTF export filter. (I
always wondered why I needed these 1 but nobody else use them.)

So I am going to modify all these, rather quickly as it has better to go into
KOffice 1.3 RC1.

Have a nice day!