List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Koffice file manipulation
From:       David Faure <dfaure () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2003-08-26 22:23:15

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 20:16, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> As for your manipulation of the files, I do not understand what you mean by
> "absolute position and length".

The formatting is saved as "from position 6, for a length of 3".
This is indeed a flaw in the KWord file format, it doesn't make it easy to do
such things. You'll have to shift all the indexes after the modified
word, by the number of added/removed characters...

After 1.3 we plan to switch to the OpenOffice file format,
which will fix this problem.