List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Koffice file manipulation
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-08-26 18:16:12

The printing part should be easy, for example
  kword --print yourfile.kwd
(However this is only in KOffice 1.3 (Beta) and you still have the print
dialog.)

As for your manipulation of the files, I do not understand what you mean by
"absolute position and length".

I have made a test with ^adr1 in text and tried to modify it to AdressOne. I
have saved the KWord file as test.kwd.

  unzip -p test.kwd maindoc.xml | sed "s/\^adr1/AdressOne/g" > maindoc.xml
  zip kword.kwd maindoc.xml

And after that, you have a changed file.

So sorry, but I do not understand where you have a problem.

Have a nice day!