List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Koffice file manipulation
From:       MichaelHoeller () t-online ! de (Michael Hoeller)
Date:       2003-08-26 17:17:11

Hi there,

I like to manipulate a koffice file without opening koffice - yes there
is a vaild scenario:

Assuming I use Koffice and the exclent layout features to set up
(lay-out) a document. Within the doument I place tags as place holders
like ^adr1 for the first line of an address.

Now there is an other application which holds the values for e.g. ^adr1,
.. This application should be able to replace the tags (her ^adr with
its real values) and send the manipulated file to a printer.

This currently works fine for OpenOffice with PS Documents, but I had to
learn that the tags get in the KOffice xml-file an absolute position
and length what is different to Postscript.

So I thought of the scripting features, of KOffice. Is there a way to
replace my "tags" in an KOffice file with variing strings? And send the
manipulated fiel to a printer?

Thanks a lot
Michael

--
Encrypted eMail welcome!
Get my OpenPGP-Key ID: 0xE9B00731 from: wwwkeys.de.pgp.net