List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Open Text Summarizer 0.4.0:Stemming the Tide - released.
From:       Nadav Rotem <nadavrotem () mail ! ru>
Date:       2003-08-04 22:05:42

Hi list,

I wanted to announce that Open Text Summarizer-0.4.0 is released.(OTS)

The  open text summarizer is an open source tool for summarizing texts.
The program reads a text and decides which sentences are important  and
which are  not. OTS will create a short summary or will highlight the
main ideas in the text. OTS is both a library and a command line  tool.
Word  processors  such as AbiWord and KWord can link to the library and
summarize documents while the command line tool lets you summarize text
on the console.

Supported languages:
(ca,bg,cs,cy,da,de,el,en,eo,es,et,eu,
fi,fr,ga,gl,he,hu,ia,id,is,it,lv,mi,
ms,mt,nl,nn,pl,pt,ro,ru,sv,tl,tr,uk,yi)

OTS is using glib and libxml2 to build. I know that glib2 is a problem
but we can add this as a plugin or a soft dep. I am not sure about the
status of glib in regard to KDE.

Ots is included in redhat-rawhide and it was announced that it will be
in the next release. (release notes on osnews). It is already in gentoo
and I think that it will be in debian shortly.

I would really like to see Kword using this library. I think that
Koffice will benefit from using the library and we will all have a
better office suit, something that will help the entire open source
community.

site:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/libots/

Thanks,