List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [Patch] A little patch for kexi
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-25 9:05:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 21:47, Adam Pigg wrote:
> Hi
>
> seeing as you kexi developers are living in mysql land i thought better let
> you have this patch.
>
> It may be incomplete, but ive searched the sources for lines that need
> changed so it shouldnt be too bad, and it wont affect anything for you
> anyway, but it will halp me in postgresql land :o)
>
> What it does:
> Adds a virtual function to kexidb.h - escapeName - this returns a quoted
> version of a table name, currently it is hardcoded to a ` character, but
> postgresql uses a " and thus all queries fail.

I haven't used mysql nor postgresql for some time, so this is rather
theoretical. Isn't " the standard quote character for delimited names per
ANSI  SQL? " is for object names, ' for string literals AFAIR (yes I do know
that many RDBMS don't care too much about ANSI). Still, wouldn't mysql
understand " just as well?

Cheers,
-Malte