List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KDataTool working on richtext
From:       Daniel Naber <daniel.naber () t-online ! de>
Date:       2003-06-25 22:34:26

Hi,

I've written a datatool that works on sentences and sometimes modifies
them. When the sentence is returned, all formatting information is lost,
as I use text/plain. So now I use this, but the data tool doesn't get
offered anymore in the RMB menu:
DataType=QString
DataMimeTypes=application/x-qrichtext

Actually this was discussed already here:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=101050726005918&w=2

Any chance that KWord accepts richtext (<qt>...some html-like tags...</qt>)
data tools?

Another problem is that the user has to select the text he wants the tool
to work on: I have written some patches that let KWord 1.3beta1 access an
external grammar checker (alpha version on
http://www.danielnaber.de/languagetool/). It underlines errors with a blue
zig-zag line (like the red one for spelling mistakes). Now the user should
be able to use the right mouse button over some incorrect word to get a
data tool dialog that displays the sentence. The data tool could find the
sentence boundaries itself if it got the complete current paragraph and
the mouse position (in characters relative to the paragraph beginning). I
think that's not possible with data tools. Is there any easy way to
implement this (with data tools or without)?

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de