List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: indexing Postscript files
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2003-06-18 22:49:53

> after processing with ps2ascii becomes "<some whitespace>AB<some white
space>".
> Note 2 things:
> a) ps2ascii doesn't convert /Aogonek character

- My ghostscript (5.50) doesn't like showglyph at all, it dies somewhere
with some ugly Postscript error :(
- ps2ascii is a Postscript program which works by reloading some (or most of
the text related Postscript operators)
- pstotext doesn't exists in my Ghostscript distribution, I suppose it is a
third party utility, written in a language != Postscript?
- My GS doesn't render /Aogonek at all, not even with a glyph which shows
that no glyph is found. Perhaps some wrong configuration or a wrong font?

> b) output sequence of characters doesn't correspond to their position on
the
> page. Sequence in the input file and the output file is the same which
means
> that KWord/kotext would have to print (maybe it does already) characters
in
> text flow order.

This is correct. Postscript is a page layout language, higher level cons
tructs like text flow are lost while rendering to
PS.