List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: karbon, kpainter and kword
From:       "Dirk Schönberger" <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2003-06-18 9:18:36

Tomasz Grobelny schreibt:

> On ¶roda 18 czerwca 2003 10:17, Dirk Schönberger wrote:
> > IMHO Postscript indexing is done by searching all occurences of strings,
> > i.e. something like
> > (this is a text)
> >
> So what about writing:
> (text to be indexed) %encoding vectors can be used to have non-ascii chars
> pop %off the stack!

Everything you want to control in Postscript has to be exposed vaiab a
public API and a protocol entry in KPaintDevice.

You could either define a dummy API (something like

void textHint (const QString)

or a method with a purpose.
I like my idea with the

drawString (const QString &, const QWMatrix&)
drawString (const QString &, const KRect&)

This leads to PS code which does the thing I want it to.
I am not quite sure how complicated it is to implement such calls in
Postscript.

Dirk