List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice Consistency
From:       Ben Lamb <koffice-devel () zurgy ! org>
Date:       2003-06-07 19:48:18

> > For example: Vivio lets you adjust the size of the tab bar Vs the
> > horizontal scrollbar, KSpread doesn't.
> >
> > I'm trying to fix this myself by creating a QSplitter and adding the
> > KSpreadTabBar to it. These are created in the KSpreadView constructor in
> > kspread_view.cc. However, I cannot discover where these objects are
> > added to the parent container, please could someone give me a pointer?
>
> I don't know what you mean with "added to the parent container". Just describe
> a bit more what you need to do and then I'm certainly willing to help.
> Maybe you find what you search for in KSpreadView::refreshView(), where the
> geometry is set and the widget is shown.

By "added to the parent container" I meant associating a widget with a parent widget, \
I see Qt does this by taking the parent widget instance as one of the constructor \
arguments.

The Kivio code does this (kivio/kiviopart/kivio_view.cpp 175):

  // Split tabbar and Horz. Scroll Bar
  QSplitter* tabSplit = new QSplitter(pRightSide);

  // Tab Bar
  m_pTabBar = new KivioTabBar(tabSplit,this);
  connect( m_pTabBar,
           SIGNAL(tabChanged(const QString&)),
           SLOT( changePage(const QString&)));

  // Scroll Bar
  QScrollBar* vertScrollBar = new QScrollBar(QScrollBar::Vertical,pRightSide);
  QScrollBar* horzScrollBar = new QScrollBar(QScrollBar::Horizontal,tabSplit);

I tried to do the same in KSpread (kspread/kspread_view.cc 327):

  // Split tabbar and Horz. Scroll Bar
  QSplitter* tabSplit = new QSplitter(this);

  // Horz. Scroll Bar
  m_pHorzScrollBar = new QScrollBar( tabSplit, "ScrollBar_1" );
  m_pHorzScrollBar->setRange( 0, 4096 );
  m_pHorzScrollBar->setOrientation( QScrollBar::Horizontal );

  m_pTabBar = new KSpreadTabBar(tabSplit , this);

I have modified KSpreadTabBar so it takes a seperate argument for its parent widget.

However, when I compile and run this there is simply a blank space where the tabbar \
and scrollbar should be.

Please could someone point out where I am going wrong?

Thanks,

Ben.