List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Observations on the new KWord startup dialog
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2003-05-26 21:31:20

On Monday 26 May 2003 22:28, Thomas Zander wrote:
> The way tabs are used in all applications is that they provide different
> views to the same data.

Certainly not. Do all my konqueror tabs show the same data?
Do all my kspread sheets (one per tab) show the same data?

> [...]

> Ok, quick scetch attached that might not be the end-all, but should at
> the very least prove to solve more problems then most ideas I have seen
> so far.

This would still open a modal dialog (the file dialog) above the template
chooser dialog (modal too) - isn't that considered bad practice?

--
David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer