List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Trying to remove frame borders
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2003-05-22 9:42:52

Hi,

Sorry that I couldn't answer that one earlier - it's getting quite hectic for
me those days...

On Thursday 22 May 2003 09:24, Nigel Weeks wrote:
> Got a problem with kword when it calls kprint(or something in there)
>
> If you put a frame on top of another frame in kword(the latest stable
> available),
> WITH the bottom frame being a dark colour,
> you cannot stop the border of the top frame appearing on the print out.
>
> This would never have shown up if all backgrounds were white - the borders
> appear white on printout.

Hmm, strange, this used to work.

> The QT library (qpainter_x11.cpp) has the line style "NoPen", but it seems
> to runs the same code as SOLID?!? (qpainter_x11.cpp:line 770)

No, that's just a setting. In the actual drawing methods, like drawRect(),
the code says
    if ( cpen.style() != NoPen )
        XDrawRectangle( dpy, hd, gc, x, y, w-1, h-1 );

> It'd be nice of we had that choice (" None ") for border styles as well as
> Solid, Dash, DashDot, DashDotDot.

But we have that, don't we?
By default there's no border, they shouldn't print. Only if you choose a border,
should there be one in the printed output.

> There are many changes to the source, and I'm not sure if I'd catch them
> all.

?? What do you mean?

> By adding the NoPen border (Probably call it "None" on the gui), would this
> get rid of the borders showing up at print time?

I don't see anything missing in the GUI. The default frame border that shows up
on the screen, isn't supposed to be printed...
And AFAICS it's not.

Can you send me a test document that shows your problem? Everything seems
fine to me, from my tests...

--
David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer