List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [Uml-devel] Re: karbon/umbrello
From:       rwlbuis () xs4all ! nl
Date:       2003-05-19 6:23:33

Hi Andrew,

> i finally figured out why KPainter and VKoPainter seemed so similar...
> hmm...
> same code ;) some of it anyway.

 As Dirk already mentioned, still some fundemental design differences...

 Has your latest coding brought some new insights for umbrello2?

 BTW you may eant to have a look at OPAL (kudling.de/opal). Its supposed
to become the new core for karbon. There is a ruby part which contains a
lot
of useful code, and a C++ part which I am constructing. Though you'll
probably not need all path methods/algorithms for umbrello2, there also
are building blocks there for a DOM, and that could be useful for
umbrello2 as well, so I'd love to get some feedback on it before I do some
stupid designing ;)
BTW actual styling/stroking/filling is not outputted yet. Closest is eps and
svg file export function (using visitors), which you can view using your
favourite viewers :)
Cheers,

Rob.