List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Persistent filter settings - dialog only pops up once
From:       Joe Hurke <Joe.Hurke () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-02-16 14:57:06

Am Samstag, 15. Februar 2003 21:46 schrieb Nicolas Goutte:
> Having File/Import and File/Export could be interesting.
>
> But perhaps we could use  "File/Load Copy" and "File/Save Copy As" (similar
> to the use in AbiWord.) Personally I find these names more intuitive.

I think, most people know "Save", "Save As", "Export", "Import" from other PC-Applications.
So using these actions would be more intuitive to them than "Load Copy" and "Save Copy As".
They have experience and expectations about these actions.
And they are looking for them in the menus.

Am Samstag, 15. Februar 2003 20:39 schrieb David Faure
> > E.g. I might want to make a one-time export as .txt, but to keep working
> > on a .kwd document to keep all the formatting. The format I'm exporting
> > to might simply be for sending to other persons (e.g. RTF), but I still
> > want to save locally in the format that is guaranteed to keep everything.

That's what I would expect of an office application:
There is one native format, that keeps everything
and other formats to import from and to export to
as good as possible (or already implemented ;).

--
Joe Hurke
eMail: Joe.Hurke@gmx.de