List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: [xml-dev] Support for picture numbering etc.
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2003-01-28 13:34:50

On wto 28. stycznia 2003 13:09, David Faure wrote:
> This sounds like a good and simple solution for the picture numbering
> issue. OO models it with variables, independently from chapter numbering.
>
> >One thing I didn't find, is whether it supports numbering schemes like
> >"Figure X.Y: Description", where X is the chapter number, Y the figure
> >number.
> >A simpler variant of that is "Figure Y" where the Y number is not
> >reset-ted
> >by headings.
> >Of course people want several such lists, to have "Table X", "Picture X"
> >etc.,
> >where the counters are different.
In _theory_ it is currently possible in KOffice! Just create separate
framesets for table numbering, picture numbering etc. If you want to insert a
picture insert a text frame, connect it to IMAGES frameset, inside this text
frame insert an inline picture, then a description and then a hard frame
break. Theoretically it should work (but it does not as there are tons of
repainting problems etc.).

Tomek