List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [kpresenter] Page vs Slide
From:       Percy Leonhardt <percy () eris23 ! de>
Date:       2002-12-20 12:31:50

On Friday 20 December 2002 12:30, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> Since 90% the use of KPresenter is for on-screen presentation, how about
> changing the term "Page" to "Slide" ? This is just like in other
> presentation programs. Personally I find "slide" makes more sense, but
> again maybe it's just me.

I would also prefer this naming.

> Additionally, wouldn't be better if the tab "Thumbs" also be renamed to
> "Preview" ?

'Preview' definitely sounds more official than 'Thumbs' ;-)

btw: I want to make the outlines use the whole space up to the right border.
But for that I need to resolve the following:
When the width of the outline-widget is X, how many letters can I use with the
current fontsettings so that the resulting string on the screen will have a
maximum width of X?

Does anybody know how to calculate this, or is there even a simpler way?

	Percy