List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [kspread] - KSpreadCell simplification
From:       John Dailey <john.dailey () dnamerican ! com>
Date:       2002-12-13 10:17:43

> We can agree that the final name will be KSpreadFormat, so in this case
> painting- and value-formatting things will be just merged into the same
> class. If there's need to break it down (for convenience and/or better
> memory usage optimization), then use KSpreadPaintFormat and
> KSpreadValueFormat.
>
> OTOH I recall that in KWord, Style is simply "named" Layout which can be
> reused. So, in our case (KSpread), Style will be just "named" Format, which
> will lead to another confusion :-)
>
> > The things I plan to name KSpreadLayout are the painting offset of the
> > output text, total width/height needed to paint it, and things like this
> > that are internal.  What are these named in Gnumeric?
>
> I'm not sure, all I know is that almost cell attributes are put in Style,
> which make sense because applying such attributes/formatting is just like
> applying "unnamed" style.

These things I was calling 'layout' aren't user input at all, but internal
calculated values.  We might want to come up with a completely unrelated name
for them just to avoid confusion.

Phillip is right - now is the time to figure out exactly how we want the
'real' design to be.  Precisely how do we want to break up the cell class?