List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Calling Apache POI from C++
From:       Fred Malabre <fmalabre () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-11-18 23:58:58

On Monday 18 November 2002 01:42 pm, TJ Mather wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any help with the Excel filter would be great.  I was planning to start
> working on the KSpread Excel export filter this weekend.
>
> Writing a libexport for KSpread sounds like a good idea, although
> I'm not expert on KOffice filters by any means (just read the
> libexport/DESIGN.html document by Ariya and Nicolas).

I'm not even sure I read this one... But the idea is right, everybody is
writing the same stuff to parse the kspread files... It would make sense to
do that in a single class that everybody reuse.
Actually, today I was thinking about a libexport common to every koffice
export filters. Well, this is for the future but I will keep that in mind
when doing something for kspread.

> This is how I created a Excel workbook using the new POI model:
> http://tjmather.com/poifilter/poifilter-0.01/test.cc

I read what you did. This is so cool. What I don't know about is the gcj part.
I never heard about gcj before you noticed it.

The problem i was talking about is the class HSSFWorkbook doesn't exist
anymore. They changed their artchitecture with a factory somewhere. I haven't
figured that out yet, but this will be the easy part of the filter anyway...

Fred.