List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Calling Apache POI from C++
From:       Fred Malabre <fmalabre () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-11-17 18:01:47

I tried that because I was thinking of doing a Excel filter too (we talked
about it).

Anyway, that's cool, because I would have been unable to do what you did, now
I have to understand it!
I can give you a hand for the Excel filter if you want to.
I read a little bit about Excel format, and I now believe POI is the way to
go. Even if there may be different licenses for the filter.

I was thinking of doing a libexport for kspread similar to the one for kword.
I think it makes sense, but I have to look deeper into this.

Now, to come with your test, they moved some classes from
src/java/org/apache/poi/hssf/eventmodel/
I'm not sure how to create an Excel workbook from their new model.

Fred.