List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Minimum size of embedded documents
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-15?q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-11-17 17:56:04

I have a question regarding the minimum size of embedded documents.

Currently AFAIHS, the minimum is defined as widget->minimumSize() + 2 x
borderwidth (which is 0 + 2 * 5).
So beside of the borders, there is no minimum.

This is a bit bad, as this "enables" the user to resize an embedded object to
a width/height of 0.
When the user has done this and deactivated the object, the user will never be
able to activate or delete it again. So the s/he will have a dead object,
which s/he will never get rid of again.

So we should add here a minimum width, so the object can at least be
activated/deleted again, or we need to provide a list of all embedded objects
for the user to select one.

So what is here a reasonable size.
To make it easy to select, a size of 10 (10 pixels at 72dpi with 100% zoom)
should be fine, but it may limit small embedded pictures. So I would suggest
4 as the minimum.

So what do you think, or is it only a problem of KSpread here?

(I have a file from a user with this effect, a KChart in KSpread the user
cannot select anymore).

Philipp