List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Zip problems (Re: (no subject))
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-11-14 18:17:06

On Thursday 14 November 2002 14:31, ismail donmez wrote:
> On Thursday 14 November 2002 13:07, David Faure wrote:
> > On Thursday 14 November 2002 08:10, Percy Leonhardt
> wrote:
> <foo> and
> in gui
> > >
> > > There was no answer to this mail on the koffice
> list so I thought I
> > > forward it to koffice-devel. The bug happens with
> all OpenOffice files
> > > and thus makes it impossible to code on the
> importfilters... at least
> > > when you want to test them.
> >
> > I am not able to reproduce this problem, at least
> with the ascii import
> > filter. I tried debugging this with another person
> having the problem, and
> > all we got to, was that the problem is when writing
> (after using
> > koconverter, unzip says the .kwd file isn't a valid
> Zip file).
> > Can you reproduce this bug when importing a .txt
> file too? Can you confirm
> > that if you use koconverter, the .kwd is an invalid
> >ZIP?
>

> Ok here what I tested more on my machine :

Yeah I can reproduce it too, now, with a .sxw file.
The bug is in Holger Schröder's last commit to kzip.cpp (which was a rather
big change). I'm trying to debug it, but it's a bit hard, without knowing the ZIP
file format at all.

$ ./kziptest list /k/mytext.sxw
Read from offset : 0
\x03
\x04
compressed file size=0    (looks wrong!)
filenamelength=11         (which is ok for "contents.xml")
extra field length=0
skip=11
dev->at()=41
offset=41
Read from offset : 41
\xad
\xdb
KZip: WARNING: Invalid ZIP file. Unrecognized header at offset 41

I tried changing the offset where the compressed file size is read, but I get 0
in all cases....

But unzip manages to find the data....
 Length   Method    Size  Ratio   Date   Time   CRC-32    Name
    2593  Defl:N      895  66%  03-06-02 19:12  29e00009  content.xml
[...]

Strange, I can't find 2593 nor 895 with khexedit (??)
Holger - help!

- --
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/
Get the latest KOffice - http://download.kde.org/stable/koffice-1.2/