List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: export excel
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-08 7:52:48

hi Fred,

> I would need an export filter for KSpread to Excel.
> Has anybody started to work on that? If not, I will give it a try.
> I've got a nice book about Excel 97, and they detail
> the Excel file format.

Actually I have a plan to do Excel export filter. I have even already
restructured Excel import filter (not in CVS), in an attempt to follow Apache
POIFS HSSF architecture. Problem is that I do lack of time to do that in the
near future (and RTF filter seems more important for me, I desperately need
it right now). Feel free to contact me directly or just discuss in this
mailing-list about various issue regarding the filter development.

> Is there any legal issue in writting an export filter
> for Excel?
AFAICS, no problem. Both Gnumeric and StarOffice have Excel exporter and
they're just fine till now :-P

> I will probably need some help once in a while as I've
> never worked on a filter... That's why I subscribed to
> this list. Is that appropriate?
Yes, feel free to post any question you have.

--
:: a r i y a  h i d a y a t :: KDE Developer, ariya@kde.org
Get KOffice 1.2: http://www.koffice.org/releases/1.2-release.phtml