List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Vector format/metafile for KOffice (Re: [Karbon14] misc)
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-11-07 19:25:01

On Thursday 31 October 2002 1:11 pm, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|  On Thursday 31 October 2002 11:43 am, Dirk Schönberger wrote:
[...]
|  All you said above is fine with me.
|  Can you just pick up this archive
|  http://freetype.newmail.ru/svg/BlueSphere-0.1.zip
|  and tell me, wether you can manage to get those images rendered in that
|  framework in a short time (preferably, till KDE 3.1 release)

There is a new  release (0.2) of BlueSphere icon theme.
It's available in binary (pixmap) format, ready too install.
So, you can try it on your own and post suggestions.
I have tested it with KDE 3.1beta2 (Qt-3.0.5), works fine in most apps.

Download:
http://freetype.newmail.ru/svg/BlueSphere-0.2.tar.bz2

Screenshots:
http://freetype.newmail.ru/svg/BlueSphere-kmail.png
http://freetype.newmail.ru/svg/BlueSphere-knode.png
http://freetype.newmail.ru/svg/BlueSphere-konqueror.png
http://freetype.newmail.ru/svg/BlueSphere-noatun.png

Known issues:
* Noatun - I can't find any reference to noatunstop.png.
What  icon Noatun actually uses?
It seesm player-stop.png, and this makes stop icon looking different from
others.

* Note that I haven't touched most of 'apps' icons yet, I was focusing on
'actions' icons.

* scaling for 16x16
Obviously, it doesn't work well at a moment.
I think existing icons need to be re-designed to become ready for 16x16 size.

* Printer and Trash icons are not ready yet

* Konqueror can't handle toolbars with 32x32 and 48x48 icons correctly (if you
enable Extra Toolbar)
If window scaled to appx. half of the screen, second toolbar (Extra Toolbar)
overlaps Location and location list box.
I doubt though that it's a problem with my them, I think it's a bug in
Konqueror.

|  I also need gradients with multiple stop points (I tried not to use them
| so far, but they are needed for professional work!)
|  I am not sure wether something like this exist in PS / EPS, so it can be
|  beyond your interests.
|  But as I said, you can achieve limits of all existing toolkits very fast,
| if youuse modern technologies (like SVG).
|  Anyway, we are in front of Corel. It seems Corel failed to deliver any
| kind of SVG plugin/toolkit.  And Adobe is eating Corel's lunch on Windows
| platform
|
|  :-)

Cheers,
--