List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    New RTF export filter for KWord
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-10-31 17:39:24

I have uploaded the new RTF filter for KWord (in the directory
koffice/filters/kword/export .)

It is still the old filter that is compiled by default (in the directory
koffice/filters/kword/oldexport .)

The new filter is a mix between the HTML and AbiWord export filters, filled in
with RTF keywords. Some parts are still not converted (grep for "### TODO" or
"#if 0" )

The filter supports or is prepared to support:
- escaping characters (including Unicode)
- character formatting
- paragraph formatting, a.k.a. layout
- styles
- pictures
- variables
(- lists?)

Due to limits of libexport, it cannot do (compared to the old filter):
- headers
- footers

Work has to be done mainly on:
- lists/chapter numbering
- character formatting (also layout/style): for example currently we generate
\b0 and \b1, it would better to use \b (or nothing) normally and \b0 only
when really needed.
- pictures: support is incomplete.

Have a nice day/evening/night!