List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [kspread] integrating KSpreadValue (and some ramblings)
From:       John Dailey <john.dailey () dnamerican ! com>
Date:       2002-10-31 9:27:39

> > My idea is that because of KSpreadCell's size, it should be arranged so
> > that it will be at least "humanly manageable". One way to do this is to
> > split many properties (and functionalities) into separate classes. That's
> > why I propose painting-related stuff to be put in another class.
> > Perhaps David or others could explain how this is done in
> > KWord/KPresenter ?

Perhaps as a simple fix for now we can split relavent functions into different
files, but leave them in KSpreadCell.  We can have files such as
kspread_cell_painting.cc, kspread_cell_layout.cc, etc....  That's about 1
minute of work that will make finding relevant functions easier.  The only
draw back I see is that the nifty emacs shortcuts to jump from definition to
declaration probably won't work if the header and source files don't have the
same name.

-John